We will be working in teams to accomplish a variety of tasks.
- Some will deliver and/or pick up furniture
- Some will prepare and/or deliver food, clothes or other assistance packages
- Some will answer phones and take requests for help
- Some will be making home visits to determine the legitimacy of needs that have been phoned in
Participants will be given the opportunity to join a team according to what they are able to do and feel comfortable with. Our top priority is to reflect the love of Christ no matter what task we are involved in.
- Please take the time to listen to the recipients, and to encourage them as you are able.
- Offer to pray with them, and do not be shy about asking questions about their spiritual condition.
- Inquire if they have a home church. If not, encourage them to find one. Share why yours is important to you.
Participants can sign up for whatever time commitment fits their schedule. It can be one morning, afternoon or evening shift during the six day schedule – or perhaps one full day of service. Some have even taken time off from work to serve the entire week.